Float Therapy FAQs + Restrictions
The comfort and safety of our guests is our highest priority! Please read through commonly asked questions about our Float Therapy service and for our list of restrictions that may prohibit you from floating at this time.
What should I wear during my Float Session?
It is recommended to float in the nude to optimize sensory deprivation, however, you can wear a bathing suit if you would prefer.
Can I drown in the Float Therapy Tank?
Because there is only 10 inches of water and there is a high density of salt, it nearly impossible to drown. The high density of salt causes you to float. It would take a conscious effort to roll yourself onto your stomach.
What happens if I fall asleep during the Float Therapy session?
Don’t worry! Because of the water’s high-salinity, you will float lightly above even if you fall asleep. Experienced floaters say falling asleep for an hour in a float therapy tank feels equivalent to sleeping for 4 hours at home.
How long do most people Float for?
At Eliana Spa, we offer Float Therapy Sessions lasting 60 or 90 minutes. If it is your first time floating, it is recommended to Float for 60 minutes, as it is a new experience.
Can more than one person Float at a time?
Yes! we do offer for multiple Floats at a time, in separate tanks. Fortunately, we have two Float Therapy tanks for you and your guest.
Am I able to book more services along with my Float Therapy Session?
Of course! You can get as many services as your heart desires. We just require that the Float Therapy Session be the first service of your Spa Day.
Are there reasons that I would not be able to Float?
We will not allow you to float if you:
- Have infectious skin or respiratory disorders.
- Have open wounds or recent tattoos.
- Undergoing chemotherapy.
- Have incontinence.
- Spray tans are not permitted.
- Are a high-risk pregnancy.
- Have uncontrolled epilepsy or mental health conditions that could create complications? Please consult.
- Have colored or permed your hair within 14 days. More extreme colors may require more time.
- Consult Eliana Spa if you have type 1 Diabetes.
- Are under the influence of any drug or alcohol.
- Late-stage kidney and liver disease / failure.
- Are under 18 without parental presence.
Is there anything I need to do, to prepare for my Float Therapy Session?
It is recommended to avoid shaving for 24 hours. Avoid caffeine for 4-5 hours prior to Floating. It is also recommended to remove contacts prior to floating.